Tuesday, February 11, 2020

ER & hospitalization

On Saturday, 2/8/20, I had my mom take me to the ER with severe abdominal pain, nausea & vomiting. They gave me morphine for the pain, zofran for the nausea & IV fluids. They sent me for a CT with oral & IV contrast to see if the blockage had come back(it hadn't). After about 8 hours, they sent me home EVEN though I was still vomiting.

On Sunday, 2/9/20, I woke with same symptoms. Even water was making me throw up, so I called an ambulance to take me to the ER. This time they decided to admit me to the hospital for observation. I was on clear fluids for the first night. By lunch on Monday, they decided to let me try a regular diet. It's been staying down, but I can't eat very much at a time. My gynecological oncologist said I can probably go home tomorrow(Wednesday) & to try eating smaller more frequent meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment